Home > Trip Reports > 11-22-07 Mt. Ellinor

11-22-07 Mt. Ellinor

11/22/07
WA Cascades East Slopes North
Posted by turnfinder on 11/22/07 1:16pm
      In our desperation to catch turns we ditched the aromas of the turkey and hiked up Mt. Ellinor. We hopped in my Dad's Subaru Outback and drove to the trail head. We were expecting more snow but due to our shortage in snow so far in this year we made due with what we had.
     We started hiking around noon until we got to thewinter/summer trail. A debate broke out between my Dad and I whether we should take the winter or summer route. The packed down trail was a sheet of ice and a pain to walk on. So we went up the winter or chute route. Their was only about a foot on top of the dirt so boulders were sticking out making it hard to go up the chute.
      We traversed over to the scree field that the summer trail cross. We hiked to the top of the ridge which was our destination. Getting a bite to eat we pulled out are boards. There was only about two feet of hard old snow under a few inches of new. We stopped at the boulder field due to to many rocks.
     I tried very hard to get some pics by even bringing 2 camares and spare batteries. But wouldn't you know? All the batteries to the cameras and spare batteries were dead.  Now I know to keep them recharged.
Is there more to this TR?

author=altasnob link=topic=8240.msg33002#msg33002 date=1195835191]
Is there more to this TR?

Sorry about that.

Thanks for the report. My in laws have a house at Lake Cushman and we almost headed up there after chowing down on Turkey dinner to ski Ellinor.

Reply to this TR

11-22-07-mt-ellinor
turnfinder
2007-11-22 21:16:02