Home > Forum > Duffy lake area heli-skiing tenure application

Duffy lake area heli-skiing tenure application

• []
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Nov 2007 18:42 #179231 by 0
Coast Range Heliskiing is applying for tenure to the North and South of Duffey lake, including Steep Ck, the Hurley Silver Mine, Common Johnny Creek, Elliot and Haylmore Cks - basically all the quick access spot off the road towards Lillooet.
Here's the map with the added tenure requested - www2.lwbc.bc.ca/ApplicationPosting/viewpost.jsp?PostID=8313#top -

There is an opportunity to comment. Send comments to

Andy Oetter
Adventure Tourism Manager
510-175 2nd ave
Kamloops, BC
V2C 5W1
250 371-3932

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The case file is 3411014.

Comments must be received by November 22, 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2007 20:47 #179233 by Pinch
Hey Lee, I sent my comment in. Here's what I came up with in 5min. Hope it helps..... Hi there. I am responding to the heli ski operations current request to expand their permit area to include areas close to Duffey Lake road access points....I am a frequent backcountry skier in these areas and request that you keep people like me in mind when making these decisions....While I do not oppose heli-skiing, I do oppose granting access to heli operations in such a close proximity to frequently used terrain accessed by self sufficient/accessed groups from major highways. The areas that we can self-access by highways are limited and granting access to heli-skiing only increases the user traffic and possibly the safety of parties within those areas at the same time. With the wealth of mountains in S.W. British Columbia, I believe we can distribute different user groups effectively, responsibly and logically. Please consider my request. Regards, Toby Tortorelli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.