Home > Trip Reports > Oct 21 Skyline Divide

Oct 21 Skyline Divide

10/15/07
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by JPtele on 10/23/07 7:34am
Went up early Sunday morning to the trailhead from Bellingham with partners Kimbrough and Tana. We found a few inches at the trailhead and started skinning around 5,000 ft. Lots of snow up on the ridge and in the bowls. We went straight to the top of the first peak on the ridge and skied the gully lookers left of the cliffs then did a couple laps in the bowl. Great skiing early but it warmed up fast later in the morning. A few tracks around from the day before.  A group of 11 from Vancouver showed later in the morning and we decided to split. Great to get out and happy to have day three already by mid Oct.
I'm hoping to add a pic of the gully line if Tana passes them along
This is my first post and I'm psyched to join the community
Hey!  I was totally conflicted whether to go north or south.  Sounds like both directions provided new snow.  How was your weather?  Welcome aboard, or welcome aski.

Nice, you may have skied the nice gully that Matt and I dropped the day before. Did you follow tracks? We were surprised at how filled in the line was given the surrounding coverage...

Yeah rusty knees, the weather was pretty good, a little fog in and out and some snow in the am, then it turned warm and some rain on the way down. Toby T, your tracks inspired us to hit the gully. It was tough where your sluff had run but still soft to skiers right of your line along the trees.
Thanks for welcoming me y'all!

Reply to this TR

oct-21-skyline-divide
JPtele
2007-10-23 14:34:07