Home > Trip Reports > October 21, 2007, Stevens Pass, Skyline

October 21, 2007, Stevens Pass, Skyline

10/21/07
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by GregLange on 10/21/07 7:48am
Even though next week was to be the official October day for me, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ski at pass level this weekend. I tracked the fronts blowing through, and then called Lara P and Derek to see if they could join me.

We compromised on a 7 AM departure time (late in my household), and were off. Though we could see dustings up high enroute to the Stevens Pass area, the snow situation looked grim. Not to say it was deep or anything up higher, but once we arrived at the Pass we did find snow depths of about 8 inches in the parking lot. On the ascent, we found he snow was a nice cross between heavy mank and windblown mashed potatoes, so we weren't hoping for much. Once we began the descent, however, things were not as bad as they had appeared. The stuff at the top was actually workable (with a good weight/unweight pattern), and we managed about 1100 feet of vert. If you read my report from September, you will agree things were MUCH better this month. I now hope that the imposing warm front turns things to corn and not bare ground in the next 7 days, so I can have a fun "official" day.

The other interesting feature of the day was that today's turns were month 120 for me, and 75 for Lara, so we'll just keep on truckin'...
Congradulations on months 120 and 75!!!  Those are some impressive streaks!

Echoing Stugie,

Congratulations on your impressive streak!  10 years is a great achievement.  I'm hoping to get there someday, although I've got a ways to go yet (on month 23 currently).  Let's hope the recent snowfall serves as the base to a great season ;)

Reply to this TR

october-21-2007-stevens-pass-skyline
GregLange
2007-10-21 14:48:53