Home > Trip Reports > October 14, 2007, Sunday on Rainier

October 14, 2007, Sunday on Rainier

10/14/07
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Larry_Trotter on 10/14/07 1:30pm
Left the house late in dense fog, ended up on a bright sunny mountain.  Mostly I hiked, skied a little, and gaped.   I am putting up these pics just to show what conditions were like on Rainier today.

More....

Hey Larry,
Thanks for posting, it was great to meet you yesterday. What a beautiful day it was. I think I feel a decent sunburn on my face....
Looking good in those photos Robert!!! Now you are famous again!

ya know, you'd think with a photo taken that straight on and in those close quarters I would have noticed you shooting. distracted by the beautiful day, yeah that's my excuse... yeah 

Your a muir snowfield stalker!!! ;) Funny pics in there....I saw the guy with the skis, snowshoes and snowboard all on one pack. I sure hope those guys were product testing

Hey! I admitted to gaping....     Sometimes, it is a hard decision... ski or take pictures.  I decided that my skiing was going to be limited after all that hiking and nice days on Rainier beg for pics.

I could hear those skis scraping the rocks from far away... ouch.  I couldn't quite catch it on the cam, but it was kind of funny when a couple of you guys tried to ski down the traverse above Glacier Vista.  I dunno... just can't do that to my skis.   I guess I need to get ahold of some real beaters. 

I was kind of amazed at the number of skiers up there Sunday.  What a day to play!   

Reply to this TR

october-14-2007-sunday-on-rainier
Larry_Trotter
2007-10-14 20:30:38