Home > Trip Reports > June 1, 2003, Silver Peak basin

June 1, 2003, Silver Peak basin

6/1/03
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Randito on 5/31/03 11:56pm
Inspired by BrentH's report from May 31, I headed up this way today. Started out skiing from car at Windy Pass, but quickly switched to booting to avoid skiing over so many brush branches. Put skis back once I reached the lower end of the basin.  Skis back on the pack once the NW ridge was gained. I reached the summit in the fog around 9:00. Skied off the summit down the east slope for ten turns, but booted back up to summit since I didn't want to route find in the fog. Skied off the NW ridge at around 5300. Snow down from NW ridge through basin was fair, considering the lack of re-freezing. I was able to ski to where the PCT crosses "Windy Acres". Not a bad morning. Other people must have been inspired by BrentH report, beacuse there were three more cars at Windy pass when I returned. Oh and WD-40 works pretty well for removing all the tree sap / pollen that accumulated on my bases.

Randy
Hi Randy

I'm glad you had a nice day. Do you go solo on purpose or just because you didn't manage to put together a crew?

thanks for the tips you e-mailed the other day

Cheers
Ivo

Reply to this TR

june-1-2003-silver-peak-basin
Randito
2003-06-01 06:56:13