Home > Trip Reports > TR: Pebble Patch 9-22

TR: Pebble Patch 9-22

9/15/07
Posted by wafflehound on 9/22/07 9:18am
Had work out my schedule so that I could attempt my 11th consecutive month.  Took a look at the weather and had hopes for some new fluff with the cold front that was moving in and decided to get some turns in at the pebble patch.

Hiked up to Pan Point and it started snowing..WOOT! Up at Pebble creek it was sticking.  Hit the snow and was a bit bummed.  1/4" of new stuff over bullet proof ice.  Hiked up to 8200 where a climber was coming down.  He told me that it was very icey up above and what I was on was the best I'd see.  I decided to make this my turn around point.

Tough skiing down the patch.  I hope that it softened up for others.  On the way down we noted that the new snow we saw at Pebble creek was disappearing fast, but hey...its a sign that winter is coming!

Nice work! At least you got up there, had some turns and saw the augur of a good winter! That snow is real promising and looks like the snow level is slowly lowering as well.

Sure is nice to see that fresh snow.  Guess I got my naked turns just in the knick of time, whew!

Reply to this TR

tr-pebble-patch-9-22
wafflehound
2007-09-22 16:18:36