Home > Trip Reports > Secret Stash 9/9

Secret Stash 9/9

9/15/07
Posted by Stewie on 9/9/07 11:11am
My Mom, my Dad, Scotsman and I arrived at Paradise just as Ronj, Maddog and JW were getting ready for a trip to the secret stash. They kindly allowed us to join them and we all set off towards the secret stash. We got there and it was a beautiful but windy day. After a couple yo-yos off the stash my dad noticed a tongue of snow around a corner. We hiked up it and there on top was a 2 foot ledge with a 20ft drop on the other side so we put on our skis and skied down the 45+ degree slope. We decided to call the run Hissy Fit because my dad was throwing one after I started after them with no backpack or self-arrest poles. Then Mr Jarvis decided to give me some self-arrest lessons with my ice axe and ski pole. I leared how to self-arrest from every direction I was falling it was a good lesson.
It was a great day with great friends.
I even enjoyed being with my parents ;D
Good trip today Stewie!  You did well with Mr Jarvis's instuction in self arrest.  See you soon...Jerry

Here is our man Stewie in action  8)   (photos.... J Morrison)

Cool report and great photos!

We were on Rainier Saturday and had a great day. 

We saw a total of four pairs of skis- and they were all ours! 

"Secret stashes" are for mid-winter powder!  You should share your favorite spots for September and October- the "masses" aren't interested.

Oh, yes, we are... At least this 80 kg mass is.  Secret stashes are, perhaps, better kept secret.

Glad to see you had fun on a stellar day!

author=Stewie link=topic=7758.msg31014#msg31014 date=1189390265]
I even enjoyed being with my parents ;D

It's amazing what one can tolerate for a nice hike and ski!  ;)
Way to get after it!

okay - how about a little baiting-
I am a single, cute, female and a pretty darn good skier and my friend is also single and stunning..... so, now will you tell us where the stash is. ;)

That's hot....Stewie I think you should give it up! 8)

Stewie, as your mentor, and with all due respect to Mary, I would suggest you hold out for pictures.

author=maryg link=topic=7758.msg31034#msg31034 date=1189457345]
okay - how about a little baiting-
I am a single, cute, female and a pretty darn good skier and my friend is also single and stunning..... so, now will you tell us where the stash is. ;)

Stewie-I would recommend following the "Stash Worthiness Protocol" to get the most out of this offer.
Which is: You need to take them there instead of telling them the location.

author=ron j link=topic=7758.msg31037#msg31037 date=1189462884]
Stewie, as your mentor, and with all due respect to Mary, I would suggest you hold out for pictures.

Yeah...People tell me all the time that they are good skiers.

Stewie, your father here with some advice on the suggestions you have been getting.

Rule #1.Never tell anybody the location of a stash no matter what they offer! You can take a person to the stash but never tell them.

Rule #2: To be taken to a stash , they must be "stash worthy" and this can only be determined after  taking the candidate on a long pointless hike to a false stash that isn't very good and see if they keep a positive attitude. Stash worthiness cannot be determined on a blind date or based upon looks!

Rule#3: On matters relating to safety, skiing, mountaineering and crevasse rescue listen to what Mr. Jarvis has to say closely and follow his instructions. On matters relating to women, alchohol and sex in general DO NOT LISTEN TO MR.JARVIS.

Would you take that last part back if I told him to forget what I told him about the Mexican brothels?

This is why Rule #3 exists.He just spent today in detention after telling his Spanish teacher the Mexican brothel phrase you taught him! ::)

Hummm....  ::)

We've probably hijacked Stewie's great TR thread for long enough. 

I'm sure folks would like to get back on the topic of skiing cool stashes and such; besides, I should get busy downloading the rest of the pics on my camera.

If Ron J will teach me his Mexi-brothel lingo I PROMISE not to listen.... 8)

Que?

No Hablo Ingles'.

Back to the regularly scheduled TR WITH pictures.

Here's a shot of the Scotsman in rapt concentration on "Hissy Fit":

Thanks to the MadDog's for taking one for the team and plying her LENSCRAFT while the boys anointed Hissy Fit with testosterone.  Nice shootin', MadDog.

Nice TR, Stewie.  And don't even think about going to Mexico.

Great TR Stewie, good you learned how to arrest.

Dont know what your dad was worried about because if you didnt stop on the snow, you could have stopped on the rocks (no cliffs). ;)

The moat looked exciting.

Reply to this TR

secret-stash-9-9
Stewie
2007-09-09 18:11:05