Home > Trip Reports > August 31, 2007, near Termas de Chillan

August 31, 2007, near Termas de Chillan

8/31/07
Posted by silaswild on 9/4/07 3:50am
Just made it in under the August wire, after skiing lifts at Termas de Chillan yesterday.  Zap and Jill dropped me off at the hot springs parking lot in Valle Hermoso before heading north to Santiago. 

I took an hour to ski up using ski crampons (5200'-6300' or so) to a ridge crest with great views of the south facing Chillan ski area.  Found varying powder, some windbuffed, some normal on south slopes and skied down only about 500' since I was alone and slopes really steepened below.   Returned to the ridge, and farmed creamed corn down the north slopes to the main Termas road at 4900'.   There were lots of nice lines in there, from Sky rides to geezer routes.

Then microbus to Las Trancas, normal bus to Chillan city, local bus to the long distance terminal, normal bus to Santiago, subway to the end of the line, local bus half a mile until it broke down, taxi to Trapences mall, and finally Andras' pickup truck to Steven's house.   With all that, I arrived only an hour later than Zap, who had headed north with his rental car three hours before me!

Sorry no photos, batteries died, and recharging them with 220v burned up my 110v charger.

Reply to this TR

august-31-2007-near-termas-de-chillan
silaswild
2007-09-04 10:50:28