Home > Trip Reports > August 1, 2007, Muir Snowfield, MRNP

August 1, 2007, Muir Snowfield, MRNP

8/1/07
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Merk on 8/1/07 1:22pm
The realization came to me a few days ago that I have wednesday's off now and that this wednesday is August 1st and a bluebird day predicted, so that means I will get my August turns nice and early this year.  And so off I went to Paradise this morning.  It was a tough choice over Muir or what's left of the Flett.  Then I thought of the approach to Flett and quickly talked myself out of it. Muir it is.

I started on the trail at 9am and was making great time.  Got to Pebble Ck. and refilled the water jug.  Continuous snow was just a short walk from there.  I skinned non-stop to approx 9200 ft with Camp Muir as my goal, but was halted by an upset stomach.  After resting awhile I decided to head on down.  The first 800 ft or so of the way down was filled with medium sized sun-cups, enough to make it seem like skiing moguls.  And the rest of the way to pebble ck was smooth and creamy.  TONS of people up there for a wednesday, but no other skiers/boarders suprisingly.  My stomach woes subsided finally and just in time for my cold brew, patiently awaiting in the cooler.  Month 22 is in the books!

Reply to this TR

august-1-2007-muir-snowfield-mrnp
Merk
2007-08-01 20:22:50