Home > Trip Reports > August 1, Trail To Ptarmagin Ridge

August 1, Trail To Ptarmagin Ridge

8/15/07
Posted by GregLange on 8/1/07 9:54am
I know a person can't really get first tracks in the summer, but this trip may rank "first trip of the month" status.

Yesterday, July 31, I had the good fortune to find the work end early, the family be out of town, and the first of a new month be just after midnight. Granted, I could have skiied at midnight, but chose not to. Rather, I drove to Baker, skiied a few runs on a small snowfield lying on the NE aspect of the bowl face just below the confluence of the Ptar. Ridge and Chain Lakes trail systems. The snow was right in season, as the cream corn was delicious, especially at 4:30 PM on an 80 F. day! Stayed in the car overnite. Then, I awoke this morning at 5 AM to do one more lap of this before getting back in the rig and getting to work in Lynnwood by 9:30 AM. While the runs weren't long or steep, and the snowtime was limited, I'll take a bonus day in July straddling a leap into August anytime. Sure beats the variable rainstorm I had last month at the Blackcomb Glacier!! I've still even got time for another August day. I'll just have to pencil one in...
Hey Greg,

Fantastic to hear you made it out!!! Nice job readeeming your July turns :)

Derek and I are heading out to ski next weekend-would love some company if you're up for it.

~Lara

Reply to this TR

august-1-trail-to-ptarmagin-ridge
GregLange
2007-08-01 16:54:56