Home > Trip Reports > July 4, Dege Peak, MRNP

July 4, Dege Peak, MRNP

7/15/07
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by spltbrdr on 7/5/07 1:53am
Snowtroll and I decided to tackle the now famous Dege Peak after reading JW's entertaining TR from the 1st.  We left the parking lot about 8:30 and made a couple of laps returning a little after 11.  1800 vertical feet of climbing for 1500 vertical feet of skiing/riding - so the joy-meter was near 100% on this trip.  The "north" route on JW's trip report is pretty bare in spots so we elected do to laps on the "southern" route.  We booted up an obvious snow finger to the ridge trail (the trail is snow free so approach shoes are recommended). The snow seemed to be a little bit smoother skier's right - it should be good through this weekend but I don't know if it will go after that.  A large group of TAYers were heading up as we were coming down...hope the turns were great for you.

Congrats on your conquest of K-Dege! 

hi spltbrdr--we were that group that you passed on the way down, and we had a great ski.  just took one run, as we were having a more relaxing day, but it was fun nonetheless.  most of our group stayed skiiers left which did seem a little narrow in spots but still had fairly good coverage.  cass skiied down skiiers right and though it was wider,  i think he had a few more obstacles to dodge!   :D  all in all it was worth the trek with fantastic views and great company. 

Troll and split: nice to see/chat with you guys.  beautiful day.

A fun little partial day tour for July 4th 8)
Kam- whad'ya mean you didn't bring skis! ???

Allyson, Kam and Gang- it was great to bump into you as well.  Thanks for the photo adds to this TR (all I had was my cell phone camera) - Kam always takes great photos!

Reply to this TR

july-4-dege-peak-mrnp
spltbrdr
2007-07-05 08:53:02