Home > Trip Reports > June 1, 2003, Alpental

June 1, 2003, Alpental

6/1/03
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Bill f on 6/2/03 11:55pm
International on Alpental is still a great ski. There is still enough snow that it makes a great detour/skitour if you are commuting over the pass, happen to have your skis with you, and have a few hours to spare.

Such was the case this past Sunday, June 1st. Though the skies were gray, Alps was fogged in at the top(typical), and there was no snow showing below the Sessel chair (unlike last early June-02 when one could ski to the car), I had nothing better to do than to hike and ski for the 3 hour detour that I had allowed on my trip over the pass.

We found snow just as we crested the flat at the top of the Sessel chair (~15min from the car). From there, snow was continious, well consolidated, and quite smooth to the top of International. The gray skies kept the mid-morning snow firm underneath but with an inch of soft corn on top.

With the arrival of my new AT boots to replace my hopelessly trashed old AT boots, I'm psyched for a Wed AM dawn patrol to the top of Alps to try them out. Anyone out there interested in a Wed AM skitour on the way to work?

-Bill Eff

Reply to this TR

june-1-2003-alpental
Bill f
2003-06-03 06:55:56