Home > Trip Reports > July 2, 2007, Table Mountain, Mt.Baker

July 2, 2007, Table Mountain, Mt.Baker

7/2/07
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Telemon on 7/3/07 12:41pm
  Tom , Ted and I were still able to ski from the car parked in the ski area. That will likely change with the heat wave approaching today. The road was being plowed as we played and is now clear to the base of Austin cat track hill. In Markharfian style we hit the hill near the noon hour, consequently we did not venture as far as I had hoped. We made the mistake of keeping our skins on as we traversed the snow field under Table's southern flanks. We should have stayed lower, instead of trying to follow the summer route. I was constantly fighting to maintain an edge.

The 100 steps hill and the Blueberry Chutes skied very nice. Not a lot of sluffing; and it always great to be able to look back and see our signatures from a half mile away.
  I should add that in honour of our two national birthdays, our party included one Canadian, one American and one American who has lived in Canada for thirty years.Bigger photos can be found:  http://www.telemarktips.com/Photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=61&cat=500

Looks snowy, mon.

I don't imagine there's still any coverage on the White Salmon side, is there? (to make for an easy approach to the north side of Shuksan from the ski resort)

We meet some climbers that had spent the previous day at Lake Ann. They had aborted their climb of Shuksan because the conditions were not favourable.I am sure that the snow will be melting like crazy this week.

Reply to this TR

july-2-2007-table-mountain-mt-baker
Telemon
2007-07-03 19:41:32