Home > Trip Reports > Chinook Pass/Dege Pk June 25-26, 2007

Chinook Pass/Dege Pk June 25-26, 2007

6/15/07
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by jd on 6/27/07 7:50am
Eric and I drove up to Chinook Pass Suday night hoping for an early clearing of the storm Monday morning but woke to snow and sleet. We read and drank coffee until it broke up in the afternoon then climbed the north ridge of Naches, but backed off the last exposed scramble in rando boots. The skiing was good - a couple inches of wet new over firm slightly bumpy corn. I went back up for another run and wanted to do the NE bowl, but it was already in the shade and crusting over, so I did another run down the north side. We stayed another night in the parking lot so that I could get some sunrise pictures, but the looked good, so we parked at the Sunrise Point lot and hiked the trail to the top. The run down the north side is great. We scrambled down from the summit to take a steep narrow ridge crest that drops into the
Nice pics. Merk, my son and I rode/skied Dege on Saturday. It is a great line.

Wow!!  That sunset from Chinook is incredible, I think you should quit your day job and go pro.
The shots of Eric skiing were great, but the lake reflection at sunset takes ones breath away.

Reply to this TR

chinook-pass-dege-pk-june-25-26-2007
jd
2007-06-27 14:50:06