Home > Trip Reports > Meany Crest--Sweet Day!

Meany Crest--Sweet Day!

6/15/07
Posted by Teleskichica on 6/25/07 1:32pm
Had to change plans from a Tuesday ski to Monday and oh boy, oh boy, oh boy was I glad.
Drove up to Sunrise, exiting the fog just out of Greenwater and entering patchy blue by the time I encountered the White River Ranger Station. Met up with Casey to hike the trail to Summer Land. A veritable "freeway" compared to our crazy, trail damaged schlepp up Glacier Basin last Friday. The trees were frosted and there was enough snow to put on our skis just a little bit earlier than just yesterday.  What a glorious day! The snow was perfect for skinning, but we eventually booted up to Meany Crest where we sunned ourselves, maybe a little too long  8), then skiied down to Summerland. The sun had softened the new snow which slid off to create quite a field of debris and my legs were so beat I couldn't manage a single telly turn, but the turns were worth the effort, the views were gorgeous and the overall day was fantastic! By the time we reached the bottom of Summerland, all of the new coverage was absent, the red algae was visible again and we had more of a muddy trek back than snowy. It's a race against summer now, better head up quick before it all goes away!
Way to go Holly! Keep cranking out those mid weekers reports.

Great report! I think I am going to work and quitting retiring today.

It's always great to hear about glorious days on the mountains!

-r

Reply to this TR

meany-crest-sweet-day
Teleskichica
2007-06-25 20:32:42