Home > Trip Reports > June 20, 2007, Day 100 Naches Peak and Sunrise Chutes

June 20, 2007, Day 100 Naches Peak and Sunrise Chutes

6/20/07
WA Cascades East Slopes South
Posted by Zap on 6/20/07 1:19pm
It was another sunny and warm day.  I started near Chinook Pass and skied the west bowl of Naches Peak.  I scrambled to the top of the snow field just below the cliffs. The snow surface was ideal on the steep sections and became runneled near the flats. The photo shows the coverage in the bowl plus my descent line on climber right. Still good coverage.

I then drove to Sunrise and parked east of the parking lot and ascended one of the only snow fingers from the road to Sourdough ridge.  I descended one of the numerous chutes and stopped when the runnels became deep and pink with algae.  The photo shows the coverage on the Burroughs if you plan to tour in that direction.

After 100 days on the slopes this season, it€™s time to get out the boat, make sure it floats, the engine starts and head along the northern British Columbia coast towards Alaska.  Have a great summer.  Jill and I will be skiing in Argentina and Chile again in August and September.  Email us if you€™re planning to ski in South America.

The Best,

Zap & Jill

Reply to this TR

june-20-2007-day-100-naches-peak-and-sunrise-chutes
Zap
2007-06-20 20:19:27