Home > Trip Reports > June 4, Taylor Glaciar, RMNP

June 4, Taylor Glaciar, RMNP

6/15/07
Posted by danhelmstadter on 6/4/07 8:14am
taylor is one of the finest ski descents in the front range, it is located in a bueatifull corner of rmnp, and is probally the biggest, highest glacier in the park starting at ~13000 and ending ~11000,, the first ~40 feet are ~60dg then it gradually mellows into the 40s. The snow was in excellant condition today, i had to wait for the first time this year for the snow to soften, thanks to my 2:30 start. I went up the easy way,, up andrews glacier, then up taylor peak, and down to the glaciar, about 6 miles one way from the parking lot.  took all these pics today .
Oh man, that looks beautiful!

more pics of area

(Photo removed by moderator)

Thanks for the great photos and a nice report, Dan.  However, we still maintain a three-photo-per-thread limit (see http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=7331.0), so I've removed the fourth photo posted.

Please feel free to offer opinions or suggestions about photo posting in that thread!

Thanks.

Mark
(acting in my capacity as arbitrary, capricious, utterly dictatorial moderator)   

so much for lower angle warm-up turns before you get to the steep stuff! 

Really enjoying your crazy antics Dan - keep posting!

I second Andy keep posting away.  If I'm ever in Colorado though I'll have to remember to never to ski with you. :) Nice work man!!

Reply to this TR

june-4-taylor-glaciar-rmnp
danhelmstadter
2007-06-04 15:14:59