Home > Trip Reports > June 1, 2007, - Silver Peak Dusk Patrol

June 1, 2007, - Silver Peak Dusk Patrol

6/1/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Brett R on 6/3/07 11:39am
In the evening on Friday the 1st my family and I want up to near the top of Silver peak. We went with €œSheispiste€ and another teacher. We skied from the car up to the ridge near the top of Silver peak with only a couple short dirt patches and a couple of logs. The views were amazing as the sun set.  :)  So after the sun was almost completely gone we started skiing down to the mountain. The first slope was good but the rest had some suction. By the time we got down to the bottom it was fairly dark.

-Brett
Nice job on the trip report ,and thanks for letting me tag along with the family. I'll post some photos a little later.

-Sean (aka "the other teacher")

author=RedGoesFaster link=topic=7321.msg29115#msg29115 date=1180924743">
We went with “Sheispiste” and another teacher.

Way to go RedGoesFaster. Nice job on your first TR. I'd give you extra credit if I could. :) What a great way to celebrate June and the coming of summer. This was a lovely tour with the R's and Sean. We had wonderful weather, great snow (pollen build up was significant but not as grabby as I would have expected), great company, magic light at the ridge top, and excellent timing!

More photos here

Hey Jessica,

Thanks for the pictures, especially of that guy in the orange.  I didn't seem to get him in any of my shots.  ;)  I owe you some of that gal in the hat.

One thing I did get to appreciate was how much more pollen I built up compared to my lighter and wider-skied family members.  More pressure equals more smearage and stickage.  But still, no big deal to buff off with an old sweatshirt.

What a great evening tour.  Disgustingly close to town and great views.

-Dave R

RedGoesFaster, Nice TR.  Remember, breaking trail for old folks is an honor and really appreciated.

Reply to this TR

june-1-2007-silver-peak-dusk-patrol
Brett R
2007-06-03 18:39:03