Home > Trip Reports > May 30 Mt. Daniel approach and May 27 Ingalls Peak

May 30 Mt. Daniel approach and May 27 Ingalls Peak

5/15/07
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by Mr.Doober on 5/30/07 1:38pm
Started a little late this morning and found Scatter Creek too deep to ford in the Echo, so I figured I'd scope out the approach to Mt. Daniel for a venure next week. There is a good pile of snow not far from Scatter Creek on the road, but if you can drive through the water, you might make it through the snow...bikes might be the ticket. From the Cathedral Pass trailhead, it is easy to lose the trial (I ended up thrashing pretty much straight up to the lake). The ridgeline to Cathedral rock has 4-5' of snow and the traverse to Peggy's Pond is melting out fast. I turned around before Peggy's. The rest of the route looks superb...get it while the gettin's good. I managed to ski (if you can call it that) back to the 3900' level, then stumbled on the trail...mostly melted out 'till you get within 1/2 mile of the bridge. If you can find the trail, that would be the easier choice up.

ALso had a fun afternoon tour up to the south side of Ingalls. Started in the sun, 60 degrees, took off the skins in 30 degree, 30 MPH snow. Well worth it for the quality corn.

Reply to this TR

may-30-mt-daniel-approach-and-may-27-ingalls-peak
Mr.Doober
2007-05-30 20:38:45