Home > Trip Reports > May 15- Muir Snowfield

May 15- Muir Snowfield

5/15/07
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Scotsman on 5/16/07 3:22am
Overthehills(mike) and Sidnie decided to go to Paradise today and made the mistake of telling me. ;) A beautiful sunny Tuesday was too hard to miss , so a 7.00 am call to the boss claiming illness and off we all went accompanied by PAMela, my wife.
This was my first visit since the flood and I was amazed by the river damage.
Muir was as predictable as ever and we went up to 8500ft and enjoyed nice corn to Pan point and mashed tatties down below.

Having been through the extensive RONJ-Maddog training program, a bottle of wine was brought, drank at Pebble Creek and certain of us felt the need to sing after that.  :-
PAMela remained at pebble Creek, removed her pants to get a tan and was probably quite a sight for the climbers. A woman lying in the sun, with no pants on and an empty bottle of wine beside her. 8)
She claimed she had to fend off an attack from an aggressive marmot but we don't believe her.

Lot of fun and I hope my boss doesn't read this.
Sounded like a great trip, Scottie.

I just forwarded a link to your boss... hope it doesn't have any effect on your employment status but in case it does, I have some yard work that needs doing; could keep you busy for a while, wine included as a job perk  ;)

We would have made the summit if you hadn't brought that damned bottle of wine.  Eighty degrees at Paradise definately softened things up.  The pictures were all blurry but here's a couple anyway.  

Where's is that sunscreen?

Pan Point staircase

Reply to this TR

may-15-muir-snowfield
Scotsman
2007-05-16 10:22:31