Home > Trip Reports > Pilchuck - Iodine Gulch, May, 14, 2007

Pilchuck - Iodine Gulch, May, 14, 2007

5/15/07
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by jd on 5/15/07 6:55am
I was headed up for a quick after work solo on Pilchuck when Jeff and Jameson caught up and talked me into a tour across the Bathtub Lakes to Iodine Gulch, and down to Pinnacle Lake (and back). We climbed to the summit, skied The Gunsight and booted along the ridge to drop down to the Bathtub Lakes (SE slope of the mountain).

The was sweet corn snow (not as sluffy as we'd anticipated). The  Ridge just in time to toast our amazing luck to live in such a into the Puget Sound.

We thought the Subway in Granite Falls closed at 10, but that is only Friday & Saturday, so we carried on home for much needed sustenance.

The links take you to photos posted to
(highly recommended download).
Great photo. Hope I'm that lucky when I eventually make it up there!

I use Smugmug for my photo hosting site and it also allows you to create a Google Earth KML file of your photographs. It's a bit of work but it's cool once you have it set up. I've got a KML file of my photos linked off of my photo site.

JD: your photos are awesome. Holy cow. You should make a book or something. What a cool web site, thanks for letting us have a look.

Thanks for the awesome TR JD, great pics!  Always looking forward to seeing your posts.  Is the road to Pilchuck TH free of snow yet?

author=Merk link=topic=7128.msg28444#msg28444 date=1179288676]
Is the road to Pilchuck TH free of snow yet?

Essentially, yes. At the most there's a couple hundred yards to walk to the TH then a little bit of trail before the snow becomes continuous.

BRAIN DAMAGE  !!

Reply to this TR

pilchuck-iodine-gulch-may-14-2007
jd
2007-05-15 13:55:06