Home > Trip Reports > May 13, 2007, St. Helens

May 13, 2007, St. Helens

5/15/07
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Marcus on 5/14/07 7:18am
Another fantastic Mother's day, with 300 of our closest friends.  We left the trailhead at a little before 7 on Sunday morning and summitted around 11:30 to beautiful blue skies and no wind.  The new dome is huge!  Very cool to see it again, after the closure years.  We headed down around 12:30 and were rewarded with excellent corn for about 3000 feet and manageable mush for the rest, until we racked the skis for good about 3/4 of a mile from the trailhead.  The more foolish among us tested the abrasion-resistance of their skin by honoring mom with a pants-free, dress only descent.  Moms dig scars, right?
Man Marcus, skiing in shorts is almost as good as glissading in shorts...but then what kind of fool would ever willingly glissade in shorts (she said rather sheepishly)? :) 

I'm SO sad to have missed out yesterday!  Looks like another booming success on St. Helens. Well done all!

Marcus Marcus Marcus

Instead of calling you Fat Ass, I will have to call you Strawberry Butt. I think Playgirl magazine may give you a call cause they will want that last pick as a cover shot. Cheers

Matt

We had a blast too. Here's my link to some more photos on CC.com.

St Helens Mothers Day 2007

Ha!  What can I say?  Speed + still-frozen-corn/demo-skis = Strawberry Butt.

Nice pics Roger!  A perfect day...

author=Matt C link=topic=7118.msg28403#msg28403 date=1179195053]
Marcus Marcus Marcus

Instead of calling you Fat Ass, I will have to call you Strawberry Butt. I think Playgirl magazine may give you a call cause they will want that last pick as a cover shot. Cheers

Matt

Marcus, I think we saw your crew heading down. I was about 15-30 minutes form the summit. We started later and our group was slower.

Your group all in dresses skiing down put a big smile on my face. I wish I had the camera out.

What a great day up there!

-r

Check out this shot of the day in the Tacoma News Tribune http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/photo/  posted 5/14/07 titled "Mothers Climb"

Reply to this TR

may-13-2007-st-helens
Marcus
2007-05-14 14:18:08