Home > Trip Reports > April 21, 2007, Slot Culoir, Snoq. Pk

April 21, 2007, Slot Culoir, Snoq. Pk

4/21/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Earny Turns on 4/23/07 10:31am
Arrived at the Alpental parking a little after 8 am.  Kicked, scraped, clawed our way up the fantom slide path.  A couple of of us kept our skis on and skinned most of the way while others decided booting was more efficient on the morning hard snow/ice.  There were definitely a couple moments while executing a kick turn or a sudden burst of slippage towards the top that had me wishing I had some self arrest gear but we all lived to tell the tale.  Dropped our stuff at the entrance to the slot and headed up to the summit for a look around.  Visibility wasn't great but beautiful on top none the less.  A couple of tracks down the slot from a previous group earlier in the week.  They must have had a great run.  I skied in first stopping shortly after the turn and set up to get some camera footage.  The snow was incredible.  About a foot of nice almost powder.  Soft snow anyway.  Had a great run down to the bottom.  Hiked out and skied the fantom back down.  Good corn on the fantom by 12:30 pm.  Once at the waterfall things got a little dicey but made it with skis on back to the road.  This was a great tour.  Unbelievable snow conditions for mid April.

Hi
I was glad to see your party's tracks down the slot and other tracks down the crooked to have knocked all the sluff by the time I got there to climb up and ski down them-- thank you!  otherwise could have felt a bit sketch.  the temps were cooling so the stability was better. had to work 'til 1 on Sat. but went up after to do the slot and the crooked.  been wanting to figure them out.  first time. The top of the crooked (steeper variation from m.v., in the pic can't really see far up) still held that april powder the first couple hundred feet. 
I can imagine your earlier tracks down the slot were fun. :)

Reply to this TR

april-21-2007-slot-culoir-snoq-pk
Earny Turns
2007-04-23 17:31:31