Home > Trip Reports > Navaho, April 10-12, 2007

Navaho, April 10-12, 2007

4/15/07
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by Larry_R on 4/21/07 12:41am
In lieu of a now outdated written report, maybe the following link would be of interest.
http://web3.foxinternet.net/lrobinson/pics/NavahoVR.html

It's a 360 degree virtual image file from the summit of Navaho Peak showing the snow cover at the time and it probably gives much more info than any text I might come up with anyway. ~6 mb.

Quicktime is required for viewing.  I've added a new feature; the image will now load in the browser (after you click the spacebar) and slowly auto-rotate. If you place the cursor over the image you can move up, down, right or left, and you can zoom in or out using the control and shift keys. The only way so far to restart the auto-rotation is to hit the 'reload' button on the browser.

No peak ID's on the VR files. I suppose they would spoil the effect anyway. Unfortunately I don't have the webspace to post the pdf files with all the place names.

Larry
WOW, Larry.  That is so cool!  I feel like I have my own private drone flying over the Teanaways.

Holy cow Larry,
You need to post one of these for EVERY mountain you ski from!  I am amazed at the quality of the zoom, too.  Nicely done.
John

Reply to this TR

navaho-april-10-12-2007
Larry_R
2007-04-21 07:41:48