Home > Trip Reports > April 14 Skyline ridge Stevens Pass BC

April 14 Skyline ridge Stevens Pass BC

4/15/07
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Robie on 4/14/07 1:52pm
Things been going my way I guess. Ken Zirinsky,Dave Thomas and meself headed out this morning under a less than good forcast. Arrived at maintence shed Steven's Pass to lightly snowing.
Made up  our way up to Skyline. Basically 6" of heavy over solid crust. Skied mostly north facing that had been hiding from the sun in big ol trees. Pleasantly suprised and we made ourselves believe it was powder. Ken did set off some small sluff of 6" on 40* pitch. After about 4 runs the temp caught up with where our legs were going, both south! The ski back to the car at 5pm  was interesting as each turn kicked off big wet waves. One interesting thing for those familar with this Area was the west ridge on skier's right returning to the car was excellent skiing. Most likely because it gets wind scoured and wasn't holding that wet gloppy 6" It was softened just right!  Did I say the sun came out?  It surely did which set us off  lusting for Lichtenberg. I hope it snows tonight and covers our tracks for you all.
Sorry no pics.

Reply to this TR

april-14-skyline-ridge-stevens-pass-bc
Robie
2007-04-14 20:52:25