Home > Trip Reports > April 2-10, 2007, eastern Switzerland

April 2-10, 2007, eastern Switzerland

4/2/07
Europe
Posted by Jim Oker on 4/11/07 1:44am
An assorted crew just completed 9 great days of skiing in the Swiss Alps, starting with 7 day around the town of Disentis, and ending with a 2 day trip from Lantahl to summit one of the higher peaks in the region - Todi. High points included great fun at the huts, amazing views, and a 4000 foot run in fresh powder on the north side of Oberalpstock followed by 2K of more spring-like snow down to the valley floor - a run we were told is one of THE coveted runs in all of Switzerland (and we were lucky enough to have to postpone this outing for a day while we waited for the snow to stop), a variety of modes of transport before, during, and after tours including trains and a taxi ride up a wild mountain road from a seemingly deserted village a little east of Andermatt.

I will eventually put up a longer report with photos and link to that report from this one (will need to do it elsewhere to stay w/in photo posting policy of TAY).

Now it is time to eat cheese and look at old buildings for a few days before heading back home.
I got photos done soon after, but meant to write up a report for along time. Better photos late than nothing, I suppose. Slideshow with many more photos here.

A few sample photos to represent the basics

Beer:

Powder:

Views:

One more tardy addition - Rainer posted some great photos of the trip. His titles include a lot of good placename info too.

author=Jim Oker link=topic=6832.msg32488#msg32488 date=1194721524">
One more tardy addition - Rainer posted some great photos of the trip. His titles include a lot of good placename info too.

Permission to view Rainer's photos denied,  I'd like to see them please!

author=silaswild link=topic=6832.msg32519#msg32519 date=1194846637]
Permission to view Rainer's photos denied,  I'd like to see them please!

Hmm - maybe he's set them up for private viewing only. I'll have to check with him.

Reply to this TR

april-2-10-2007-eastern-switzerland
Jim Oker
2007-04-11 08:44:36