Home > Trip Reports > April 10, 2007, - Alpental - Private Powder Party

April 10, 2007, - Alpental - Private Powder Party

4/10/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Plinko on 4/10/07 11:23am
Winter's not over!!!  Our people at Alpental were kind enough to shut the whole place down just so Travis and I could rock the joint in the new pow.  Avy danger was forecasted to be considerable, so we stuck to the resort proper.  They€™re closed all week in the midst of this late season dump (that season pass is really payin€™ off, eh?).  The place was goin off today.  The mountain had 1 to 2 FEET of new, all untracked and waiting for us to tear it up.  Skinned up Debbie€™s under the Armstrong chair (seats weren€™t moving, but stacked with new pow), then up along Chair 2 to the top of Rollover.  The goods were so appealing that we couldn€™t resist taking some quick laps from here, so we cruised a few laps down to the base of Chair 2.  Snow was good, soft, with a few bumps every now and then in the moguled out sections.  Short laps, and back up to Rollover, and beyond to the top of Chair 2.  After a short break we cruised down Nash and found some amazing lines at skier€™s right.  The fluffy goodness was insane!  Continued down Lower Nash through almost-as-good-as-Nash pow.  After getting our Nash stoke on, we couldn€™t suppress the urge for more, so we contoured around to the cat track and headed for the top of Armstrong once again.  A quick break here, then on up to Gunmount again.  This time there were more sun breaks and views, and another pair of skiers on AT gear.  They turned around here and descended, while Travis and I went on up to the top of Chair 2 again. Rocked Nash one more time, then continued the rest of the way down to the lot.  All day long the snow was €œletting up€ and by the time we got back to the base, it was pounding at about 2€/hr.  Unreal.  It should still be major quality in the next few days for those who were thinking of hitting up the area.  This new snowfall should put a few runs on Snoqualmie back €œin€ where they were getting thin. 

Pow Baby!

Travis about to drop Nash:

[Edit: removed photos in excess of limit of three. --Charles]

That was such a good day.  Those two runs down nash were probably the best I've hit it all year...no debris, no people, no tracks.  Knee-deep, quality powder feels even better in April.  Somehow my face got sunburned 8). Thanks for taking the pics.

Yeah, I got some sun too.  Aloe's your friend ;)

Reply to this TR

april-10-2007-alpental-private-powder-party
Plinko
2007-04-10 18:23:48