Home > Trip Reports > April 3, 2007, Alpy Trashcan, 261, Pineapple Pass

April 3, 2007, Alpy Trashcan, 261, Pineapple Pass

4/3/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by wolfs on 4/3/07 4:37am
Not quite a dawn patrol but kinda early start. Skinned up Sessel, Lower I, Elevator and stopped just under a tight gully above High Traverse and Trashcan. Dropped just a little ways into Trashcan such that we could get some turns out of the deal and then skinned to Piss Pass. 100' or so of booting seemed prudent in a steep part then back to skinning. Over 261, back to Pineapple Pass down the bowl and skiers L gully.

In the morning there was a bank of deathfog that chilled the air but we were out of it by Lower Lower I, and it generally burned off by 9. Followed one other skin track until it split for Upper I. Fairly cool temp and wind made it seem like winter up til about 10 and then spring kicked in again. Snow was very light on top averaging about 8" new, and was outstanding in places where you didn't have to worry so much about what frozen badness lay under. Otherwise, the frozen unknown tossed you a little but the new on top at least made it LOOK like fresh turns.

Best turns down the gut of Pineapple. A lesser human, less devoted towards the work ethic that makes our country great, would not have been able to resist the pleasures of the fresh. Such a person would have lapped and lapped this stretch and wasted away valuable GNP-enhancing labor in pursuit of selfish gratification. I was quite prepared to be just that type of lesser human ... but others in the party with higher morals (and more pressing commitments) led me away from that spiral of depravity.  :(

A few other uptracks could be seen on Phantom, Thumbtack, Snow Lake Divide, coming up Pineapple from the Source side, etc. The beautiful day drew a fair number of other slackers out.

(Edit: Add some pix!)

Ah...here I am increasing the GNP by reading trip reports on TAY....uh okay sorry....we should have skied it again and again....I am a lesser human wannabe.

Also there was a fairly brisk wind from the south.

Wolfs pictures are the bomb. Here are some lame photos

Reply to this TR

april-3-2007-alpy-trashcan-261-pineapple-pass
wolfs
2007-04-03 11:37:06