Home > Forum > Forest road to Olallie Meadows drivable?

Forest road to Olallie Meadows drivable?

• Rick_R
  • [Rick_R]
More
09 May 2003 16:15 #168271 by Rick_R
Does anyone know how much of the forest road from Hyak to Windy Pass and Olallie Meadows is drivable? Silver Peak is beckoning, but I'm feeling lazy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
09 May 2003 16:57 #168272 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Forest road to Olallie Meadows drivable?
MBS roads page says driveable for 2 miles as of 5/1. We got a good look at the Silver Peak bowl coming back over Snoqualmie Pass today, and the coverage still looks good. I do know, though, that there has been heavy snowmobile activity in the bowl - hundreds of highmarks throughout the bowl. And, apparently, this activity is entirely legal (FS says that as soon as the ski areas close, the road, clearcut and bowl are open to motors).

More
15 May 2003 16:23 #168275 by khyak
The road is clear upto about .5 mile before the twin lakes trailhead.

More
24 May 2003 10:01 #168280 by ron j
Hummmm...<br>I'm not sure I got this now, Charles.<br>A while back I saw something about it being illegal for snowmobiles to use the cyrstal mt area after the ski area closed, but the area behind Hyak is available to them? What's up with that? Isn't it the same Forest Land?

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
27 May 2003 06:59 #168283 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Forest road to Olallie Meadows drivable?
That's a good question, Ron. Maybe the difference is that the machines were IN the ski areas at Crystal and Stevens, whereas they were not at Silver Peak bowl. I did get my Silver Peak info from the official contact for MBS NF, Larry Donovan (Winter Sports Recreation Coordinator with the USFS. ÊHis phone is 425-744-3403 and e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), so presumably it is accurate.

More
27 May 2003 07:15 #168284 by ron j
I was in there on Sunday... hauled out several beer cans and candy wrappers &gt;:(<br>Of course I haven't a clue what kind of people would trash our playground like that. Never seemed to happen tho, before the sledders found out about it ???