Home > Trip Reports > 4/1/07 Kendall Peaks Basin- 1 Knob

4/1/07 Kendall Peaks Basin- 1 Knob

4/1/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by skierlyles on 4/1/07 1:43pm
Five of us Mountaineers got out and had a surprisingly great day out in the backcountry. Started up around 9 and finally broke through the trees and were onto the old logging road in a few more hours. The trip through the trees was quite tough with the melt/refreeze/rain crust, and not much new snow to speak of to cover the pine needle strewn floor. Once out of the old growth we made it into the clear cut and had a much easier go of it, the 1-2 in of graupel made the skin up much more manageable. Managed to get a few yo-yo runs off the top of the first knoll in and turned out to be nicer than I expected. Firm base with some graupel turned into firm base with some new snow by 3 pm. Not so shabby, looks like we picked the wrong day to be up there- tomorrow should be a killer bc day! I feel the flu coming on... hope someone else enjoys the new snow that is supposed to fall tonight! It sure was falling when we left.

Wish I could post these pics but cannot figure out how to reduce the size of them. Any suggestions for a mac?

Reply to this TR

4-1-07-kendall-peaks-basin-1-knob
skierlyles
2007-04-01 20:43:01