Home > Trip Reports > Fairy Meadows -- 505 has fallen!!

Fairy Meadows -- 505 has fallen!!

3/15/07
Posted by curmudgeon on 4/1/07 12:53pm
Ohhhh so nice to see that line skied!!! Nice job Tim. I'm sad it wasn't me who got it...but congrats to you for nailing it!

Can you give us some details on the descent, Tim. Looks like you guys rolled in from skiers right instead of trying to negotiate that steep bulge at the top. Snow conditions look sweet!

There was a couple of other lines around FM that needed skied...maybe we should return next year!?!?!

congrats Tim!  glad to see that 'climbing route 505' is now 'skiing route 505'  :)

Sorry to be misleading -- by the fifth bluebird day I did not have the legs left to feel safe in 505, so I spotted from below for Lee and Benet. 

You are right, Matt.  I saw last year that the secret to 505 was to slide in from skier's right under the top bulge (which is pure ice).  Snow conditions were perfect. we were able to ski 50 degree lines all week without worry.  A once in a lifetime convergence of good snow quality, bluebird light, and phenominal stability. The guide for ther other half of the cabin has guided 505 as an ice climb, and insisted that it was not a ski route.  Guess we don't listen very well.

BTW, Greg  -- great work on the hut remodel!!!

Awesome -- maybe Andy should amend the video he put together from last year with a big "check" mark next to 505.  Nice work y'all.

I'd love to see some pictures of the hut remodel too, if you have them.

Reply to this TR

fairy-meadows-505-has-fallen
curmudgeon
2007-04-01 19:53:13