Home > Trip Reports > March 31, 2007, Great Scott Bowl, Alpental area

March 31, 2007, Great Scott Bowl, Alpental area

3/31/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Splitboard Graham on 3/31/07 2:32pm
Rode some foggy groomers at Alpental with Alpymarr for a while before meeting up with our buddy Pauly, who we took to Great Scott Bowl for his first time in the Alpy BC. Skinned up to the top of peak 5261 and waited for the booters. Beautiful views of Denny, Snoqualmie, the tooth, and parts of Chair as the clouds lifted and some sunshine came out. worth the skinning just for that view! Snow was slightly crustier at higher elevations, it seemed. Great Scott Bowl was ok at the top, but became increasingly sludgy as it leveled out. yuck. The main chute out of great scott was slushy, but steep enough to be enjoyable. On and off snow at 4000 ft or so, sometimes freezing rain/graupel, but never rain. Trace accumulation.
Yeah, nice day. Fun snow conditions I thought. Paul was stoked. Slushy groom!! Woohoo.

Patti and I were across the freeway at summit west. We just picked up some new gear and wanted to check it out before heading off piste. My first tele day I'm hooked!! ;D We had plenty of sunbreaks and the snow was very good. Nice corn. Had the place to ourselves. To be expected I guess it is Summit West. Last week when we were up in that area there was quite a bit of avy activity. How are the conditions looking now?

Reply to this TR

march-31-2007-great-scott-bowl-alpental-area
Splitboard Graham
2007-03-31 21:32:53