Home > Trip Reports > March 2+9, 2007, Stick a fork in me cause I'm done

March 2+9, 2007, Stick a fork in me cause I'm done

3/15/07
Posted by snoslut on 3/15/07 2:35am
trying to come up with a title after compiling all this together this morning so mind the emo of titles.

(For a version of this tr with all pictures displayed check out <http://talk.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=3485>)

Mother Nature can be so cruel sometimes.  Making powder appear and disappear.  Will it still be there WHEN and IF I get to it.  Maybe she has something against weekend warriors or just certain individuals.  For whatever the reason or rhyme, powder should never be neglected.  Such a good thing is never meant to last.  Until the weekend that is or so it seems€¦

While most are hard at work€¦

Kyle€™s working on his powder tan.

Sequence from Crystal bc on Friday March 2nd

The considerable avalanche conditions forecasted left me salivating with curiosity as powder accumulated.  It was time to run to the hills.  Oh how I miss Rainier but that is another story for another time.  I eventually wound up in the backcountry of Crystal.  The exact location is of no particular importance.  What€™s important was the fact that I was in the backcountry sharing lines with like minds.
What is that white mess making its way down the hill€¦

Kyle somewhere in there as Alex looks on.

Sequence from Crystal bc on Friday March 9th

Despite the meager forecast, last Friday was anything but.  Being the optimist I am even I had my doubts as we climbed.  Very little accumulation throughout the week but with steady winds at times, the snow had to pile up somewhere.  However, skinning to those areas proved to be tricky at times.  Dust on crust that varied in hardness depending on slope aspect and at times elevation.

Kyle, Preston, Alex and I continued to a saddle, where winds changed direction and started blowing from the east at a medium pace.  I still had my doubts about how good the snow conditions would be.  By the time we reached the top clouds had imprisoned most peak tops but winds would soon parole ours and the neighboring. 

Myself€¦

Photo by Kyle

We didn€™t see a soul on our trip out.  However on our run out we did see fresh skin tracks and turns running along the nose of East Peak€™s west face.  Well that€™s all folks for now.  Here are some parting pictures from our last run.  Enjoy!

Hey Preston and Alex if your reading this I know you got some pictures too so let€™s see them!

[Edited title - Charles]
author=snoslut link=topic=6497.msg26645#msg26645 date=1173980126]
I eventually wound up in the backcountry of Crystal.  The exact location is of no particular importance. 

In the end keeping as much surface area on the snow proved more efficient allowing for a somewhat straight shot up East Peak.  Once on top Kyle, Preston and Alex took a quick lap into Cement Basin while I took pictures and marinated.

So Mr. Snoslut...Where were you 2 weeks ago in the backcountry of Crystal mountain ???

Isn't East Peak and vicinity known as the Frontcountry since you can practically cartwheel to your car?  ;D

Nice pictues dude!
Hope to see you out there someday!
Joe

Maybe slackcountry cause I've been slacking and going for the super easy stuff.

For whatever the reason or rhyme, powder should never be neglected.  Such a good thing is never meant to last.

I couldn't agree more!  By the way snowslut, what type of board do you ride?  Are you splittin' it?

Yes stoudema.  I use a 66 prior for pow/corn and 65 voile for corn/steeps/pow.

Next week is looking promising  ;D ;D Im game for some of those other peaks we had to bag because of weather

Reply to this TR

march-2-9-2007-stick-a-fork-in-me-cause-i-m-done
snoslut
2007-03-15 09:35:26