Home > Trip Reports > March 11, 2007, recent Snoqualmie Pass conditions

March 11, 2007, recent Snoqualmie Pass conditions

3/11/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Charles on 3/11/07 1:49pm
The original thread posted here by "martin" was not primarily a report of backcountry conditions and has been moved to [iurl">http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=6466.0[/iurl">. There was included in the original thread, however, some recent information about backcountry conditions around Snoqualmie Pass, which I will paste below.

Originally posted by "martin":
-------------------------------------------------------
On a sidenote. I did a bit of examining for the AMGA in the last couple of days. We roamed around the Alpental back country, so here is what I found. Bryant Peak traverse, excellent condition; access couloir to Kaleetan Peak use the far right of couloir to stay out of the way of the big cornices, then exit right asap (the cornices are quite large and heavy looking); the access ridge from Melakwa Lake is actually not quite as direct as one would think - it gets really skinny in a section or you have do drop down again about 400 feet on the south side; Kaleetan skiable from the top, Roosevelt good to go; Crooked Couloir exit fully filled in; Slot Couloir - good to go and the North Slopes below the Snoqualmie East Summit are excellent.
The snowpack is obviously going to take a beating in the next couple of days since it is already quite wet below the new stormsnow from Thursay. I assume there will be some loud rumbling in the mountains tomorrow; it will be interesting to go see the carnage next week.
Have fun, stay safe.
-------------------------------------------------------
Edits by Charles
Edited again: topic was inadvertently locked --> now unlocked

Reply to this TR

march-11-2007-recent-snoqualmie-pass-conditions
Charles
2007-03-11 20:49:53