Home > Trip Reports > March 4, 2007, Snow Lake, Snoqualmie Pass

March 4, 2007, Snow Lake, Snoqualmie Pass

3/4/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by bc44caesar on 3/5/07 12:41pm
I decided Sunday morning to head up to Snoqualmie Pass to do some touring even though I knew the snow was going to be less than stellar.  I thought it was going to be another sunny day, but it turned out to be rather foggy.  I skinned the trail up the valley and followed a unpleasant snowshoer track above Source Lake.  I probably would've been better off making my own track!  The ski down to Snow Lake was just short of miserable, composed primarily of a thin breakable crust that proved nearly unskiable.  Rather than continue my adventures on poor snow with no visibility I just headed back the way I came.  I left the skins on for the descent to Source Lake which made the skiing actually easier, although the slope had snow you could at least turn in.  I ran into half a dozen folks or so just starting their descent to Snow Lake who decided to turn back around as they took turns biffing it on the evil crust, a few people who bunched their plan of climbing the Tooth, and miscellaneous snowshoers closer to the TH. 

I've had better days...

Reply to this TR

march-4-2007-snow-lake-snoqualmie-pass
bc44caesar
2007-03-05 20:41:29