Home > Trip Reports > Feb 24-27, 2007, Whistler area, BC

Feb 24-27, 2007, Whistler area, BC

2/24/07
Canada BC
Posted by Paul_Russell on 3/4/07 1:03pm
Monika and I had four great days in the Whistler backcountry.   Sat and Sun were limited to the back side of Flute and Singing Pass area due to vis, but conditions were exceptional with new snow and cool temps.  On Monday, ventured to Duffy Lake Road and skied above Keith's Hut near Mt Matier and Anniversary Gl.  Had sun breaks through the day and great skiing.  First time to the area and found lots of great terrain for future trips.  Noted that the cabin fills frequently with 20+ people on weekends, so weekdays are better option.   We were mostly alone through the day, except for 3 Spainards at the hut who we saw heading up the glacier.  Tues was the highlight of the trip with unlimited visability, sun and incredible pow for a tour in the Blackcomb bc.   Skied from the East col down to the nineth hole, over to Decker.  Several laps on Decker, then back over the Spearhead Gl and down Corona bowl to finish the day.  Great trip.
Sounds like your timing was good. Glad to hear that you got some of the good goods.
I suspect that "several" is more than my "several" knowing the cast of characters.  ;D
Your hut trip sounds very interesting. I would love to explore that area a lot more.

rtghk--decker without the crusty meteorite chunks all over the place??  i can't imagine!  ::)  glad you had a good time up there, again in feb...lucky!!!  ;)

Reply to this TR

feb-24-27-2007-whistler-area-bc
Paul_Russell
2007-03-04 21:03:06