Home > Trip Reports > March 1, 2007, Mt Snoqualmie dawn patrol

March 1, 2007, Mt Snoqualmie dawn patrol

3/1/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by hedonaut on 3/1/07 11:28am
incredibly light and deep snow!  over-the-head shots--exhilarating hypoxic turns.  nuking snow on the way up, relented by mid-day (too bad had to work 1/2 day).

good stability in trees until opening up at approx 6000', whereupon it started to feel sketch.

pics were difficult, due to light and haste...these give a flavor.
Think I saw your track on the way down hedonaut, wondered how your outing went.  6k?  You almost made the summit? My run -

Almost too much snow - kept getting in my eyes (glasses caked so they came off after first over-the- head face shot), up nose and in mouth whenever I turned.  Sooo, tried to keep speed up and stay on top, but speed sucked 'cause then the raging snow falling out of the sky blinded me...kept racing my slough lines and trying to avoid trees...4-5" on my car after 1 and 1/2 hr...oh yeah, it sucked today!

THEN a white knuckle ride down I-90, with the deepest snow I've ever seen at exit 38.  Still made my 8:30 meeting in Bellevue though (forgot shoes once again and stomped around HQ in mountaineering boots).

Sweet pics!

This week has been one to remember...

The drive up I-90 was DEEP!

Indeed!  Timmy T yanked my chain around 1:00 pm yesterday, he worked some magic to free up the afternoon and we started skinning around 2 pm.  Sun?  Haven't skinned up Mt. Snoq. in the daylight in a long time, and the sun was actually strong and making things warm up.  We stopped at 5200' and headed down in the already reported "super deep" snow.  Little heavier due to the sunshine, but still incredibly fun.  Looks like we were tracks 3 and 4 down the phantom and through the waterfall.  MW - again, sorry about the am.  I was stuck.

Reply to this TR

march-1-2007-mt-snoqualmie-dawn-patrol
hedonaut
2007-03-01 19:28:47