Home > Trip Reports > Feb 10, 2007, Mt. Elinor Olympic Downhill

Feb 10, 2007, Mt. Elinor Olympic Downhill

2/10/07
WA Olympics
Posted by alpymarr on 2/10/07 12:06pm
Elinor was pretty deserted today, saw a few other parties, none skiing. Parked a 1/4 mile from the lower TH and slogged up the road in ski boots, which did not please me too much. Eventually summited and descended the summit ridge to the bowl and veered left instead of descending the climbing chute, which was boot tracked out. The chute to the left was fabulous creamed corn yielding about 700 vert, been eyeing that one since summer when i camped on top of it and began to wonder. Even with the lack of new snow, conditions were highly enjoyable spring like. Think I got a small tan as the sun was out all day. Nice spot if you dont mind the slog. Only skiiers on the hill, all untouched, in fact I have never seen tracks on it....glad to have that one under my belt. I always enjoy skiing something you think about a lot. We brought gear to try and saw off a cornice to test stability, but none were available. Don't think it would have yielded much of anything, stability was .......stable......andy
Thanks for the report Andy, if not for the flue bug, I would have been another skier yesterday. Curious as to your route?? The chute that you skied was parallel to and same length as the normal winter climbing route? Why the need to boot up the road? Any pics?
Thanks again - Scott

Reply to this TR

feb-10-2007-mt-elinor-olympic-downhill
alpymarr
2007-02-10 20:06:21