Home > Trip Reports > Sasse Ridge, Feb 6-7, 6007

Sasse Ridge, Feb 6-7, 6007

2/15/07
Posted by Larry_R on 2/8/07 11:14pm
Except for the cougar tracks I crossed skiing in, there was not much exciting about this weeks trip, so I thought I might mention what's new regarding the Sasse Non-mOtorized Political Action Committee (Sno-Pac).

During the past week, it appears that Sno-Pac has taken a break from it's building campaign in order to consolidate its base, right down to the grass roots level. Over the last several months, various layers within the organization have not interfaced well with those beneath them, causing some concern about over all weakness. Those watching the Pac have been concerned about the possibility of  sudden slippage as a result of lack of support, not only from below, but from the sidelines too. When the top to bottom restructuring is completed within a few days, observers should be greatly encouraged, as the Pac will then be ready for a new phase of growth. However at the time of this writing the Pac has not yet firmed up it's support for its various constituencies.   :)

Can't be sure, but I think the pic below is of a cougar track.  The track was old, and tracks can spread and deform as they age. The lines on the paper are 1/4 inch apart, making the track about 3 x 3 plus inches. I usually see cougar tracks in the early winter heading north, and again in the spring, but I have not seen them this time of year in this location. It's sort'a neat to think that you are sharing the hill with a cougar!

Larry

Reply to this TR

sasse-ridge-feb-6-7-6007
Larry_R
2007-02-09 07:14:10