Home > Trip Reports > 1/31, 2/1 flattop mtn

1/31, 2/1 flattop mtn

1/31/07
Posted by danhelmstadter on 2/2/07 10:48am
who ever said that a little frostbite will toughen you up is full of it. a little second degree on my toe has keept me out of the hills for a couple days, hopefully i wont have to have any skin removed,, anyone good wiht a knife? the ten dollar thrift store boots are going to need new liners, ive lived in my car/van/truck for maybe 6 years now, this last month has reminded me of  days up in jackson and montana,, even in the frontrange citys its been cold. recently Ive gotten two solid days in up at berthoud pass, which has been excellant and unusually stable . also got two solid days in up in rmnp,, skiied an unamed couloir off flattop the first day,, then  went up on flattop again,, did some pokeing around,, but deemed the soft slab danger too high to be jumping in anything steepish; but skiied the 30dg east face with powder conditions,, a rareity indeed.
I see you have your priorities straight, Dan -- nice skis  ;)
Nice dog, too.

Dan,

I feel your frostbite pain.  I had pretty bad frostbite on both hands several years ago.  Watch it for infection!  I spent a night in the hospital on an antibiotic IV with a high fever and red lines shooting up my arms a week later.

I feel honored that we have a true ski bum posting on TAY.

Sky

the desk-jockeys of seattle salute you dan.  hope the toes heal up fast!

That is one excellent truck, if I do say so myself

Reply to this TR

1-31-2-1-flattop-mtn
danhelmstadter
2007-02-02 18:48:29