Home > Trip Reports > Kendall Knob, January 27

Kendall Knob, January 27

1/27/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by littlefrantz on 1/28/07 1:51am
Lots of snowshoers here as well, but none up on the knob (except the ones we dragged with our party).  We went up from the exit 54 south side road.  The south side of Kendall knob was a mixture of spring corn and hard-packed snow.  Descended around 3 PM.  Lots of tracks. Not bad and, with the blue skies, a satisfying way to spend the sunny day. 
I saw lots of trees showing there; there weren't as many the one time I went there several years ago.  I assume the coverage was good?  Were there any little cliffs visible?  If no that means there is tons of snow.  cheers

The trees, they be growing too! :D

We headed up today, Jan 28th.  Gorgeous day!
Crusty snow when we descended at 11:30, but perfect corn the last quarter of the run.  Spent an hour lounging in the sun just because after it all.  Dug a pit, unstable about 5" down with one jump on a 35 degree slope.  Then took the crusty road home.  Yes, lots of snowshoers and sledders at the bottom.  But what a beautiful day!

author=telemack link=topic=6130.msg25362#msg25362 date=1170007623]
I saw lots of trees showing there; there weren't as many the one time I went there several years ago.  I assume the coverage was good?  Were there any little cliffs visible?  If no that means there is tons of snow.  cheers

Nope; though there was one large boulder on the ridge.  Nothing big enough to try to avoid. :)  The area is getting some real nice coverage this year.

Reply to this TR

kendall-knob-january-27
littlefrantz
2007-01-28 09:51:47