Home > Trip Reports > January 27, 2007, Granite Mountain (I-90)

January 27, 2007, Granite Mountain (I-90)

1/27/07
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 1/27/07 10:41am
Hoping for nice corn cooked by the sun, found stiff icyness on W to SE aspects thanks to the steady breeze (NW?)  Skied from northwestern end of summit ridge.  Friend who skied from the summit found lots of wind, icy conditions.  We were able to ski down to 2100' level, parking lot is icy and parking overflowed almost to the freeway exit.  Spotted a group of five skiing up to West Granite as we skied down.  Lurkers from that team please report.
way to go get it!!!

;D

Sweet, thanks for traveling back in time for that report...I'll know not to go to Granite tomorrow!  ;D

Thank you.  More details puhleeze.  Any breakable crust?  Do you expect there will be a huge snow shoe-er cowpath to ease a frozen morning ascent?  Did you ascend the "trail" vs. the SW ridge route?  What time did you head down, and do you think there would be any hope for afternoon softening? 

Silas the couple of the folks I skied St Helens with were on Granite on Saturday.  They turned around (where??) and went for some laps at Alpy after getting a phone call from a buddy at the summit, who reported the conditions you had described.

Reply to this TR

january-27-2007-granite-mountain-i-90
silaswild
2007-01-27 18:41:15