Home > Trip Reports > January 21, 2007, Yodelin, Stevens Pass

January 21, 2007, Yodelin, Stevens Pass

1/21/07
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by prestonf on 1/21/07 1:35pm
After floundering around Skyline Ridge with everybody else yesterday, Chris, Paul and I decided to ride the mature timber of Yodelin today.  We ended up doing four laps of the N. facing trees from the summit, and then a final run down to the parking lot by Russ' slab from yesterday.  The snow was nice powder and stable, not even much sluffing in the steeper sections of the trees.  When we left the pass around 3, the temps were still cool, and the race was on to beat the traffic back to Seattle.  Outta our way!  Beers in Skykomish?  Think of the traffic!

Here are 2 pictures of Chris making left turns.  He can turn right, too.

Preston - great riding with you and Chris yesterday.  Special props for those who laid down the uptrack on Saturday (I guess that is one benefit of Sunday tours).  It made lapping the trees that much more enjoyable/quick!  And beating the traffic made the beers that much more enjoyable back in Seattle...

Good times yesterday guys.  What could be better than skiing fresh snow in old growth on Sunday morning with friends?  The short videos I took with the camera are a bit...uh...shaky.  Guess the two hand approach is probably called for.  I'll get better at it--I promise! 

Reply to this TR

january-21-2007-yodelin-stevens-pass
prestonf
2007-01-21 21:35:54