Home > Trip Reports > January 15, 16, 17 Santiam Pass, Or

January 15, 16, 17 Santiam Pass, Or

1/15/16
OR elsewhere
Posted by WhiteSalmon on 1/20/07 2:06pm
Turns-in-Burns
What a nice surprise to be able to see in the trees. The B & B Burn of 2003 left thousands of acres of terrain open. Here is a picture of a couple of day trips I took by Hoodoo off of Santiam Pass (4600') Mt Washington is to the south and Three Fingered Jack is to the North.  The Mountain View Shelter is at 4800' out of Maxwell Butte Snopark. I didn't get much of a view as it was snowing heavily, but the pow on the way back down was great. They say its a great one of all the volcanoes. The third day was a trip up from the McCoy Snopark  on a glorious bluebird day outside of the town of Detroit before the snowmobiles showed up. Then up to Breitenbush  to soak the evening away in the outdoor hot pools.
Nice TR and photos.  It's great to see some "new to me areas". 

Nice trax in the ghost forest.  Is that pointy thing Mt. Washington?

Nice report..........I just came back through Santiam Pass today, and the weather was beautiful.  The pow of last week will be corn this weekend.  I was staying at Sunriver w/some friends, and we hit Bachelor on Monday.  The weather was nice, but the snow variable and wind blown above 7000 feet...icy!.  With the recent warm weather, it should be good riding this weekend. 

The pointy thing way in the distance is Three Fingered Jack to the north. The first pointy thing is Mt. Washington.

Reply to this TR

january-15-16-17-santiam-pass-or
WhiteSalmon
2007-01-20 22:06:00