Home > Forum > Help - Accessing Silver Peak

Help - Accessing Silver Peak

• tumalo98199
  • [tumalo98199]
More
19 Jan 2007 21:35 #177096 by tumalo98199
Help - Accessing Silver Peak was created by tumalo98199
Sorry if posting this in the wrong area. Looking for a little trip tomorrow morning and was hoping to go to Silver Peak area. Would appreciate advice on where I should park and if I need a sno-park permit.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
19 Jan 2007 21:59 #177097 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Re: Help - Accessing Silver Peak
My preference is to park at one of the Summit Central lots, then follow groomed runs as much as possible to "Grand Junction" on the Nordic trail system. From there you can either go over Nordic Pass or follow the roads around the north side of Radio Mountain to Windy Pass (Ollalie Meadows). You don't need a snowpark permit to park at Summit Central.

You can also ski up Cold Creek from the base of Hyak. I don't think you need a snowpark permit there either. I think you're supposed to have a XC pass to ski on the Nordic trails.

• Snow Bell
  • [Snow Bell]
More
19 Jan 2007 22:09 #177098 by Snow Bell
Replied by Snow Bell on topic Re: Help - Accessing Silver Peak
Good luck tomorrow.  A friend and I are going to out that way tomorrow (maybe silver or red or chair haven't decided) so I hope the conditions are good for you.  About parking for silver;  I've only parked at Hyak but I understand that Keechelus Sno-Park 1.5 mi south of exit 54 wooks good when the road is plowed.  Remember to save some freshies for ther rest of us!

• tumalo98199
  • [tumalo98199]
More
19 Jan 2007 22:22 #177099 by tumalo98199
Replied by tumalo98199 on topic Re: Help - Accessing Silver Peak
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably gamble with Hyak as I was hoping to drag my hound along so need to steer as clear of resort as possible. We'll be rolling early but if you pass by some dude with some T1s, Line Prophets, and a neurotic black lab it's likely me.

Have a safe day wherever you hit it tomorrow!

Chuck