Home > Trip Reports > January 14...Backcountry Daydream.

January 14...Backcountry Daydream.

1/14/07
Posted by bc_skier on 1/17/07 11:07am
Backcountry Daydream€¦

As I woke and opened my eyes all I could hear were whispers, €œyou have no choice; we€™re taking you to our secret powder stash.€  €œGet his gear, and let€™s go€ they said€¦But wait, €œwhy the blindfold€, we cannot chance it; you can take photos, but not a word of where we are going, or how we get there.

It was 12 degrees, no wind, and about 10 inches of great powder.  Everywhere I looked was unfamiliar to me, all I know is it was a perfect day, perfect slopes and great friends. 

It amazes me after 38 years of skiing I can still feel the same passion, the same excitement I felt the day I saw my first photo of powder skiing.  Back then, I told myself, €œNow that looks like fun, I€™m going to do that some day.€

Monday morning€¦the alarm clock rings, off to work€¦another €œBackcountry Daydream€.
Nice Secret Stash

You do know that every powder shot posted on TAY means roughly 40 seconds of lost work productivity  ;)

author=bc_skier link=topic=6053.msg25062#msg25062 date=1169089651]
Backcountry Daydream…

As I woke and opened my eyes all I could hear were whispers, “you have no choice; we’re taking you to our secret powder stash.” 

Something tells me that isn't Woodland Park...

Looks like great skiing!  You better let us know where it is so that we can be sure not to ski there.

Reply to this TR

january-14-backcountry-daydream
bc_skier
2007-01-17 19:07:31