Home > Trip Reports > December 30, 2006, Snoqualmie Pass

December 30, 2006, Snoqualmie Pass

12/30/06
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 12/30/06 10:20am
Want to have a great ski day?  Go with low expectations and disappointment is unlikely.  I suppose you all knew that already, but I just figured it out, slow learner I guess.

Anyway, after reading reports of "wind buffed snow" and other similarly sad euphimisms during the past couple days, and enduring a week of stomach flu in the best week of the season, I headed for Snoqualmie region with some old friends for a social tour.  We were happily surprised to find a foot of powder remaining on shaded W and NW slopes between 4000-5000'.  We also found the aforementioned buffing above 5000' on E and SE slopes.  Temps stayed in the mid 20s, mainly due to a nice blanket of fog, winds were nonexistent except on E facing, and even there they were light.

Nice to see that you are getting out, Silas. It's been a while since I've seen your name on the reports. I got in 3 days of lift-skiing at Stevens this week. Hopefully our paths will cross in the new year.

Hmmm....I wonder where this snoqualmie pass mystery tour took place. Mt Margaret??? It seemed to have the most snow on the trees of any of the various tours at snoqualmie pass.

Reply to this TR

december-30-2006-snoqualmie-pass
silaswild
2006-12-30 18:20:49