Home > Forum > 12/14/06 Mission Ridge

12/14/06 Mission Ridge

• aaron_wright
  • [aaron_wright]
More
14 Dec 2006 15:58 #212596 by aaron_wright
12/14/06 Mission Ridge was created by aaron_wright
I cross posted this from the thread that Gary Brill started about the wind at Mission Ridge Yesterday-
Insane conditions at Mission today, easily the most snow I've seen from a system of storms here. A little late getting the quad started, they had removed the chairs because of the wind. Lapped chair three while waiting, great snow in the glades and the named trails were even good, not much grooming, just a little cat packing from the previous days. When the quad opened skied Alah, No Name, Nertz, blah, blah, blah. Central park was unbelievable, bottomless fluff no windeffect. My friend Doni works patrol and she said they tossed a bomb up by the towers in microwave bowl and the whole thing released, up to three foot crown. Stopped skiing a 2, my friend Adam was dragging me around all day and I was worked. Almost a foot of snow on my truck when I left. Some people couldn't get out of the lot. It's dumping snow in Wenatchee now, with about 4-6" new on the ground. I don't think the forecasters saw this coming. -Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wickstad
  • [wickstad]
More
14 Dec 2006 20:09 #212598 by wickstad
Replied by wickstad on topic Re: 12/14/06 Mission Ridge
Whoa. Make a few turns for us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.