Home > Trip Reports > 12-3-06, Snoqualmie Pass, Japan Ski

12-3-06, Snoqualmie Pass, Japan Ski

12/3/06
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by MW88888888 on 12/3/06 3:18pm
Day 9
12-3-06
Snoqualmie Pass

Cold conditions in the dawn and the stars twinkling in the cloudless sky beckoned for a powder ski.  It had been a couple days since the last foot, ee-gad! - and the pack was at 51€ at 3,000€™.  Not bad for a week after Turkey day.  More startling was the jeep trail was plowed, and while a 1,000 vf was easily driven, we lament the wide-open speed fest on the flats.  We quickly recovered, unpacking at the very base of the ski run.

Giddy in the dark, Ron and I harvested a run we€™d been sowing for a year, the Nagasaki-esque willows leading to powder amongst the old growth, no slow down in the great skiing afforded at the Pass of late, so close to home.  The Ents looked on in approval.

We climbed to within 300 vf of the summit, at 4,800€™, and called it on a wide open space amongst the fir trees.  Where the sun had baked, crust; where the wind had blown, wind pack; and where there was neither, sublime powder.

Powder right to the car.
great run! one of you on the lower section;

I've had some trouble with the old method of inserting pics in the TR, so had to wait for inspiration.  Figured out a method, but can't insert into the TR as I'd like.  Oh well. 

Please, no smarty pants exposing the location if you can tell from the pic, but the second shot (Wide Open) shows why the slope is called Japan Ski, a question I'd been asked.  Note the slide alder  - covered in snow and filled with pow - that's Japan!

Now the only thing your missing are the hot springs and monkeys!!

Reply to this TR

12-3-06-snoqualmie-pass-japan-ski
MW88888888
2006-12-03 23:18:14